͏

Great to have a more comprehensive look

Any chance you have source data laid out on a spread sheet?

Have you been able to tell who the reseller is for the contracts?

I have been trying to figure out a way to do a report on asking vs selling price but do not have the time or patience to compile the orange count data

I can’t believe how low some of these prices are. It only takes a couple of minutes to find out resale prices and the rough ROFR price that at a minimum you should get. I just couldn’t throw thousands away because I couldn’t spend 5 minutes looking something up

I can’t believe how low some of these prices are. It only takes a couple of minutes to find out resale prices and the rough ROFR price that at a minimum you should get. I just couldn’t throw thousands away because I couldn’t spend 5 minutes looking something up

Meh, the loaded contracts would really change the math. Paying reasonably for loaded points puts you on the high end of most of these. The SSR even seems low, considering some of those could be heavily loaded.

This kind of variation is what I'd expect with such wide variety in the points available.

Meh, the loaded contracts would really change the math. Paying reasonably for loaded points puts you on the high end of most of these. The SSR even seems low, considering some of those could be heavily loaded.

This kind of variation is what I'd expect with such wide variety in the points available.

I am looking at the lower end of buybacks.

SSR - Low of $59 vs average of $97. Over 25% of people in this data set are selling below $90. Even if its stripped at $90, its being bought back. Which leads me to believe 25% of these people can't look to see what the actual value of the contract is.

VGF - Low of $120. ROFR will take anything below $150. $30 per point is not insignificant.

This is amazing data! Thank you! I don’t know if there is an easy way to capture it, but seeing the difference in OKW 42 vs OKW 57 would be interesting from a price and buyback perspective.

thanks everyone, I thought others might like this! let me know if you have any feedback, I'm trying to think of other things folks might want to see

:worship:This is super interesting data. Thanks for sharing this with everyone. Are you having to manually compile the data or have you been able to automate with a scraper?

Ideas for other interesting data points...
  • more historical data (easy to say since I'm not doing the work :))
  • breakdown of small contract pricing (<100pts), medium contract pricing (100-300pts), large contract pricing (>300pts)
  • verify/reconcile buybacks that are reported on the ROFR thread (I sometimes doubt the accuracy of the self reporting)
  • length of ownership
  • not directly related to your efforts, but it would be helpful see archived data from dvcstats.com that covered more than just the current quarter (do we know who built and runs dvcstats.com?)
You're awesome...keep up the good work :thanks:

SSR - Low of $59 vs average of $97. Over 25% of people in this data set are selling below $90. Even if its stripped at $90, its being bought back. Which leads me to believe 25% of these people can't look to see what the actual value of the contract is.

Right, so the $97 average includes loaded contracts too. $112 box range is tighter than I would expect, listings are certainly more varied.

There's also that one broker that puts all the cost in the ridiculous closing costs and is always way cheap in $/point. I can see that messing up these stats as well. Every time I end up at that site, I'm too annoyed to even look at the listings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter