͏

chart notes ...
  • standard deviation of the population (stdev.p) shows the contribution to the overall differences between resorts with ad valorem taxes, housekeeping, and transportation being the main contributors
  • 0.00 values appear as blanks for clarity
  • administration and front desk, I like the style of the RVA lobby but it's not +0.62 USD great
  • housekeeping, do they clean the rooms in VGF and RVA doubleplusgood?
  • transportation, hello RVA Skyliner?! BWV, BCV, and BLT make sense as you have more walking and less busing
  • ad valorem taxes, for the premium resorts (BLT, VGF, PVB, and RVA), I'm so fancy?

This is why I keep trying to fight again this concept of "Riviera will obviously come down in price".

The lobby is not the cost that goes more to the maintenance/refurb piece. The Admin/Front Desk is more so the people that work there.

I think housekeeping comes possibly from increased standards at the "best resorts" at Disney.

Transportation you need to remember RIV is not sharing with anyone. They have Skyliner but have to have busses on call or possibly even in use limitedly as well. This will always make RIV more expensive with transportation. We also don't know exactly how the Skyliner division of costs works and how expensive it is to maintain (they had lots of extra expenses as an example on the Skyliner than planned).

Taxes I am not sure what that is but possibly based on it being newer. You need to realize though RIV being stand alone is getting hit with all the taxes where as the others are sharing the taxes on their common areas/restaurants/ect.

that's a good question but I'm not sure; it would seem that the DVC dues should only cover their fair share, without overwhelming evidence otherwise (I didn't notice any patterns) I would assume they are only getting their fair share; maybe innocent until proven guilty?

I think this would be true. When you talk about transportation as an example the cost would not be completely split in half. There is benefit to volume of riders on a bus as you are more likely to optimize those busses to be closer to full each time. In order to fill up a RIV bus at MK to the same level as BW/Swan/Dolphin on average you would need to have less busses, issue is you are not going to space busses out 1hr apart at RIV while doing busses every 20 mins for BW/Swan/Dolphin.

This is why I keep trying to fight again this concept of "Riviera will obviously come down in price".

The lobby is not the cost that goes more to the maintenance/refurb piece. The Admin/Front Desk is more so the people that work there.

I think housekeeping comes possibly from increased standards at the "best resorts" at Disney.

Transportation you need to remember RIV is not sharing with anyone. They have Skyliner but have to have busses on call or possibly even in use limitedly as well. This will always make RIV more expensive with transportation. We also don't know exactly how the Skyliner division of costs works and how expensive it is to maintain (they had lots of extra expenses as an example on the Skyliner than planned).

Taxes I am not sure what that is but possibly based on it being newer. You need to realize though RIV being stand alone is getting hit with all the taxes where as the others are sharing the taxes on their common areas/restaurants/ect.
I would think the transportation cost would go down once they feel comfortable with the skyliner. I imagine they overstated costs for the busses to HS and EPCOT for the first year.

I would think the transportation cost would go down once they feel comfortable with the skyliner. I imagine they overstated costs for the busses to HS and EPCOT for the first year.

I think that is the biggest hope one would have for any reduction in MFs for RIV. I think that is the biggest dent you could make in to the MFs, all the others I don't think would be so over-estimated since Disney has tons of data from its other resorts how to predict costs.

Hahaha

No I mean a flaw if you are trying to predict. The reason I say that is you can see BWV "progressed" towards the average but has never caught OKW as an example.

It's not the resort changing its simply that other resorts came along that are more expensive.

I stand by the VGF example where while it goes towards average everything else also drops its just Poly and RIV that make it seem like it shifted towards the avaerage.

Lets see another graph with POLY and RIV removed as an example to see how it's moved.

Data is a great thing but your chart has a very large inconsistency in it.

Want to add you say a position and I likely can create a graph or data point to support it. There is an old saying about making numbers say anything you want.

Russ (@rfc0001) asked about AUL so I put all the current DVC resorts on the same chart; the zero line is still the Walt Disney World average dues (so the other resorts don't change that); VGC and AUL dues are decently consistent but VB and HHI dues have a life of their own!

I haven't done a version adjusted for point charts as that seems to only really help see the differences between Walt Disney World resorts

View attachment 521030

I see why people really look for those subsidized contracts.

Good work as always even though I give you some grief at times. :)

If this wasn't meant as a joke (I haven't yet had my morning's bucket of coffee and may still be humor-impaired), please explain further. Why do you want more frequent increases in dues?
So we could make even more colorful charts and talk about them, of course!

Hahaha. :rotfl2: Ahem...sorry, forgot to add the sarcasm emoticon. Here have some coffee :coffee:

Last edited:
The outlier on that chart is OKW. What on earth is going on there???
That’s exactly what I’d love to hear others thoughts on? OKW was mid to low in dues and now it’s mid to high with the VB and HH exceptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter