ºoº STROLLERS ºoº I've decided to buy a new stroller for WDW trip....

WOW! Thanks to everyone who replied! I DID IT! I finally bought a new (the 8th) stroller. It be fair to myself, a few of those strollers were gifts or my daughter (she's 7 now). So I ended up buying a stroller at Toys R Us. I shopped around and it was the stroller I really wanted at a great price. It's an Graco Kite Lite Stroller. It weights about 12 lbs, very light, but it's extremely strong. It reclines, has a nice big canopy and a huge basket BONUS! Also bonus are two trays, one for baby and one for me. The trays have compartments for drinks and snacks etc.,. I really like it! It folds small-ish. It cost $70 Canadian Funds ($45.00 USF). The stroller will be for baby and we will rent a stroller at WDW for 7 year old daughter. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

CObgrats on your stroller post!

I went stroller shopping yesterday at a high end store. The manager is very knowledgeable & often brutal in his opinions. I had done a lot of online research, and wanted to go test things out in person.

I loved the maclaren umbrella strollers, but they are bare bones! And pricey. They also sell kidco strollers which copy the maclarens. He feels that kidco isn't quite there with long term quality for older kids, but that in a year or so they will have worked out most of the bugs.

The new Graco Metro Lite stroller turned out to be one of my favorites. It's full featured, easy to fold, a snap to open, and fairly compact when folded. It holds an graco infant carrier and locks it in place in the back with clips (in addition to clicking into the front).

ALSO, he almost convinced me that as a stay at home mom planning to have more kids I will need a double stroller. And he then proceded to practically sell me a GRaco duo, even with the adorable maclaren double sitting right there (at twice the price).

I will continue to use my combi convenience stroller until closer to our september trip. I like it a lot, but it is kind of a pain to fold & unfold which would be a pain for the busses. It is compact, light & comfortable.

Thanks for all the great info!

My daughter just turned one last week.. She will be 14 months when we take our trip in May... I have a Peg Perego Martinelli stroller.. I like it but not for Disney -- too big and heavy.. I wanted to buy a new stroller too!... I went to Babies R Us with my mom... there were afew that I thought were nice but I happen to buy the Graco Metrolite.. I think it's fairly new... It's very light due to the aluminum frame... We put my daughter in it and she seemed to like it... The guy in the store showed us how to fold it and stuff... My mom really liked it too so I bought it.. It was $99...

Tanya

DVC Member !

WHERE DO YOU FIND THE "HOOKS" TO PUT ON THE HANDLE - THE SUBV DOES NOT HAVE UMBRELLA HANDLES, AND I WAS WONDERING WHERE I COULD GET HOOKS TO CLIP ON.

THANKS.

This is great. We've made three trips with my present stroller and I was wanting to get a new one. There is a lot of info here.

For those of you buying a combi, where did you get it? Do you know if Toys R Us carries them or who might that is a national dealer?

You can get S-hooks in the kitchen gadget aisle, for hanging on wire wall racks. The other thing I've used is those big semi-triangular snap-loops that you get in camping sections, I forget what the official name is, but they are normally used for hooking gear to backpacks for climbing. You can attach them to the stroller with cable-ties, and they will hold most anything you need.

One of the accessory cupholders that Graco sells also comes with some S-hooks, I think. It shouldn't be too hard to find them around.

I'm creative with stroller storage; for winter coat storage I rigged up a webbing strap with a set of D-rings and a snap-buckle. It goes on the upright, and we cinch up the coats in the loop to hold them while at malls, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter