ºoº Where in Disneyland Picture Game 1-30-05 ~ Answers!

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
<center>
jumpinggreens.gif
jumpinggreens.gif
jumpinggreens.gif
</center>

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy size=3> It's time to play the Disneyland Picture Game again.

I'll post the pictures, and each guess is equal to a point. Pictures can be from anywhere at the Disneyland Resort. You get a point for every correct answer.

1 - Where at the Disneyland Resort (DL, DCA, Downtown Disney, or correct hotel)
2a - If the pic is at DL or DCA - which land
2b - If the pic is at a hotel - which hotel
3 - Where the picture is actually located
Bonus point - Any trivia you add regarding the picture or the location where it is

At the end of the week, I'll post the answer pics.

<font color=red>Try not to read the other answers before giving yours & see how you compare. <font color=navy>

Here we go:

<center>
icon5.gif
Picture #1

11450050aaguess.jpg

icon5.gif
Picture #2

11450091aaguess.jpg

icon5.gif
Picture #3

11450054aaguess.JPG

icon5.gif
Picture #4

11450028aaGuess.jpg

Good luck ~ Hope you enjoy this game
</center> </font> </font>

1. This is the drawbridge mechanism on Sleeping Beauty Castle (DL). It's on the Main Street Side, I believe.

2. I have no idea.

3. That's one of the Billies from Billy and the Hillbillies--I'm sure taken inside the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland at DL.

4. Not too sure about this one--is it near Splash Mountain in Critter Country?

#1 Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland
#2 Redwood Creek Challenge Area - DCA (total guess)
#3 Billy Hill - Golden Horseshoe Review - Disneyland (I think this performer has been at this show 25+ years)
#4 Tom Sawyer Island - Disneyland

those were hard! I can hardly wait to post and see everyone else's answers!

1. Castle drawbridge, Fantasyland. The draw bridge has only been raised on two occasions....opening day and the 25th anniversary?

2. I am guessing this is Splash Mountain, the only ride from a movie that isn't released due to PC concerns?

3. Is this a Heywood?

4. Fruit cart in Adventure land ?

Judy from Boise said:
those were hard! I can hardly wait to post and see everyone else's answers!

1. Castle drawbridge, Fantasyland. The draw bridge has only been raised on two occasions....opening day and the 25th anniversary?

I think the 2 occasions were opening day and a Fantasyland rededication, not on the 25th I don't think.

My guesses

1 - drawbridge on Sleeping Beauty's castle in DL

2 - my first thought was in Sunshine Plaze in DCA, but the background doesn't look like that. I think I'll go with one of the previous posters and choose Critter Country

3 - one of the Billy's at the Golden Horseshoe Revue in Frontierland in DL

4 - I first thought of the now closed Big Thunder Ranch, but now I'm leaning towards the farm area near Bug's Land in DCA.

I haven't been to Dl since Jan 1st 2000. I'm still willing to guess #2 is outside Splash Mountain. The rest already listed were things I'd have guessed.

I think I'll go with one of the previous posters and choose Critter Country

Opps! I guess Mary Jo didn't specify you should post your guesses prior to reading the thread :) :) ;)

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#006600> ANSWER TIME!

Thanks to those of you who played. Each player got a point for playing :) ... and each picture is worth 3-4 points, depending....

iceskatejen 10 pts

got2travel 9 pts

tink33 9 pts

judyfromboise 6 pts
I wasn't sure which number you were referring to in your 2nd post... so there is a possible 7pts for you

mickey's old friend 2 pts

danmurphy 1pt
Dan, you have to actually say the answers!

rowena 1pt

ANSWERS

11450050drawbridge.jpg

This is in Disneyland, and is the mechanism that raises & lowers the drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty's Castle. You got a point for either Main Street or Fantasyland. The drawbridge was raised twice - once when Disneyland opened, and once when Fantasyland was rededicated after being completely redone (I think 1984). Total points: 4

11450091sign.jpg

This totem can be found at California Adventure, in the Golden State area, on the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Total points: 3

11450054billyhill_jpg.JPG

This is in Disneyland, and is one of the Billy Hillbillies who play at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland. This is a very funny show, & I recommend going to it. You can also enjoy a meal while you watch the show. Total points: 5

11450028SplashMtn.jpg

This is in Disneyland, and can be found in Critter Country when you ride Splash Mountain. Total points: 3

Total points possible for this game is 16.

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!

I will do better next time !

For my second reply I was just clarifying I meat Billy Hillbilly !

Well 3/4 is not too bad. I guess I need to ride Splash Mountain again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!