ºoº I am just overjoyed with these Stateroom Door Signs for Mousefest ºoº

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I am just so excited.

I just can't believe how beautiful these Disney Wonder Stateroom Door Signs are.

You made wonderful designs, triplefigs.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, triplefigs.

Do you think that I might win the Mousefest Stateroom Door Sign Contest with these absolutely beautiful Door Signs?

I am going to put the wreath over the stateroom door number and the rest of them around the door.

I have some of the authors book covers to put on the door, too, along with some of the web site logos.

And I will add some more pictures of the cruise each day.

And, of course, some Home Depot Paint Swatch Mickey heads to write names and such.

I am just so "Wonder"...fully happy.

Thank you, Denise.

I just had to share.

Sincerely, Ray :)

MickeyChristmasWreathRay.jpg

Mousefest.jpg

DisneyWonderRay.jpg

DCLtree3DRay.jpg

redmomof4 said:
Those all look very nice!!! Love the Santa Suit and Babies!

Hi, redmonof4. Thank you. That is my absolute favorite photo, too.

Usually, the babies don't have their own santa helper suits for a photo, but the mom happened to come by around 3am in the morning when we were taking the babies holiday photos for christmas.

These twins had been in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for several months and had graduated to Premie unit with one of them almost ready to go home.

Mom asked if she could take her own photos, too. I swore her to secrecy and not to tell the other mothers what we were doing.

Triplefigs, Denise, had her triplets at Northside, too.

Now I'm curious, they aren't your twins? or grands? I just assumed they were. Do you work in the NICU or are you just Santa? I work in a CCU but moonlight in the NiCU, I love working with the babes!! I have seen triplefigs pics I think, very cuties

Nice signs. I'm not sure you'll remember me(Melinda-solo cruiser-krispy kreme cruise)but wanted to wish you a great cruise. I can't do Mousefest this year(inlaw Xmas)but depending on the dates for Mousefest '06 we(me and DH yes he get to come this time) should be there for the land portion. We had already planned to return to WDW in Dec'06 but now this trip also includes the Double Dip cruise i booked on my cruise. Hey he only told me to be good(translation-don't spend to much)don't buy any jewelry didn't say anything about not booking another cruise. Now i just have to figure out what my door signs will look like but i have some great material to work with thanks to another diser that sent me a DCL coloring book. Hope to see ya next year.

Melinda Helsley

redmomof4 said:
Now I'm curious, they aren't your twins? or grands? I just assumed they were. Do you work in the NICU or are you just Santa? I work in a CCU but moonlight in the NiCU, I love working with the babes!! I have seen triplefigs pics I think, very cuties

No, they are not my kids. But the mom sent me the photos five years ago and said that I could post them. Otherwise, I wouldn't post without a mom's permission to do so. Patient confidentiality and all that, you know.

I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist. I have been working at Northside Hospital for over 28 years.

Can you believe there are over 19,000, that's with three zeros, 19,000 babies delivered every year. Quints, quads, triplets, and hundreds of twins.

I work AICU and ACCU and floors and E/R and NICU, too.

Did I mention that I love nurses.

Every year I volunteer to play santa and spend about a week taking 100's of photos of the premie and NICU babies that are their at the hospital the week before christmas.

I have the easy job. Debbie takes all of the photos. We usually use these wipeable, sanitizable holiday bibs or plastic holiday mats as a backdrop underneath the critical babies or above them to hide all of the tubings.

Then all of the crafty nurses make a foam stocking card to place the photo in to hang at the baby's bedside on Christmas morning. We are sensitive to beliefs, too with various bibbs, etc. for the holiday.

mhelsley said:
Nice signs. I'm not sure you'll remember me(Melinda-solo cruiser-krispy kreme cruise)but wanted to wish you a great cruise. I can't do Mousefest this year(inlaw Xmas)but depending on the dates for Mousefest '06 we(me and DH yes he get to come this time) should be there for the land portion. We had already planned to return to WDW in Dec'06 but now this trip also includes the Double Dip cruise i booked on my cruise. Hey he only told me to be good(translation-don't spend to much)don't buy any jewelry didn't say anything about not booking another cruise. Now i just have to figure out what my door signs will look like but i have some great material to work with thanks to another diser that sent me a DCL coloring book. Hope to see ya next year.

Melinda Helsley

Hi, Melinda. Thank you for saying hello. You know me and trying to remembering names...lol. We had a great time last year on the Mousefest Krispy Kreme Illuminations Cruise, didn't we?

They are doing it this year. I guess because it is so much more expensive per boat that include drinks and chips.

And thank you.

I hope to see you next year, and I wish that you could come this year. I'll be able to get to more meets this year with my new mobility scooter. I thought that I was going to have a heart attack last year, but what better place.

There'll be no stopping you now with a scooter and I just looked at your post way to go on the weight loss. Now i just need to figure out how that little red guy with the sign got into my post. It's was a pink guy with a lime green sign that said double dip disney cruise with my cruise date and that's what it looked like in my previous post. I guess i'll have to ask my in house geek(DH) how this happened and how to change it back.

Melinda

We just love the door signs. They are so neat looking. What a great job. Thanks so much for sharing.

Michele

Hey - I had my babies at Northside ... my youngest had minor respiratory issues. I wonder if you saw him? Probably not as he did not have to go to NICU (as far as I know, I was kind of out of it ... but I didn't see him for an hour or two after he was born because of it).

Just thought I'd pass that along, it was 5 years ago.

Great door signs!

goofymama said:
Hey - I had my babies at Northside ... my youngest had minor respiratory issues. I wonder if you saw him? Probably not as he did not have to go to NICU (as far as I know, I was kind of out of it ... but I didn't see him for an hour or two after he was born because of it).

Just thought I'd pass that along, it was 5 years ago.

Great door signs!

Hi, goofmama. Aw...that is wonderful. I rarely get to hear from many Georgians, or even any moms that had their little angels from Northside. I wish that I could remember you.

Most hospital's may have one unit specifically for neonates and intensive care. Northside's neonatal intensive units is comprised of seven pods or intensive units, and nine other premie units, and I can't even count the mother's rooms and newborn rooms.

So I probably didn't see you.

But every night when I work...and I go to the break room to have my 3am lunch or just a break from a hectic night...I sit in the same chair next to the window and look out at the skyline lit with highrises outside the perimeter...and then I look up at all of the photos on the wall of all of the babies that moms have sent in. We have a whole other wall just for the staff baby pictures.

Some babies are a few months old...smiling...looking so happy. Several twins, or triplets. Maybe one photo of a young girl or boy playing a sport...another young adult being awarded a scholarship to college. All from very, very sick times.

I try to remember their names. I usually can't imagine how big they are. Afterall...I might have seen a lot of them when I could have held them in the palm of one hand, maybe two when helping the nurses weighing them nightly.

But then it is time to go back to work.

It is amazing to me how young the babies are becoming every year...every decade that strive so hard to survive. Then I look up at that board of babies, kids, young adults and think that a decade and certainly two decades ago, they probably wouldn't have a photo up on the board.

I am so lucky to be able to see the miracle of life every single night that I work...the first breath of life...the struggle to live...the pure joy of families.

I treasure these times.

Because I have been feeling...seeing more of the other, too...as I stare out at the night at the lit highrises in the distance through the break room window. But that is part of life, too. It is just because we see such a large number of deliveries every year...I also see a larger percentage of the extremely sick babies and heartbreak of the families, too. I think that it has taken a tremendous toll over the past several years. Afterall, that is what the NICU is for. As a respiratory therapist, I am not needed in newborn nursery with all of the huge babies. But the deliveries can be very different. We even go down on deliveries with mom's with a slight temperature just in case. That is where I see the first breath of light and the pure joy of parents most of the time.

Maybe I'll get to see you on a cruise sometime or at WDW.

Sorry about the long post...you just caught me at a reflective moment.

Sincerely, Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter