• ºoº "50" VWL points add-on.

• ºoº "60" VWL points add-on.

• ºoº 61 to 100 VWL points add-on

• ºoº 101 to 119 VWL points add-on.

• ºoº "120" VWL points add-on

Results are only viewable after voting.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
:wave: I was just curious if many of you Disney Vacation Club owners have a Villa Wilderness Lodge add-on.

The reason that I am asking this question is that I have been looking for months for a resale at Villa Wilderness Lodge for about sixty points.

I have seen 200 points resale for VWL. I wonder if the people that are selling their VWL points combine them all together, including their add-ons? Assuming that they have add-ons. Or must they resale their add-ons separate?

I know many of you don't understand why anyone would only want sixty points instead of 150 points or more.

And I really don't want any other resort except for VWL to use every December when the holiday decorations are up and christmas events are going on.

So how many people have VWL add-ons in smaller amounts of 60 to 120 points?

We have 50 and only intend to use these points at VWL! We wanted more points, either VWL or VB as an additional add on, but Disney had none. This was in March. We decided to buy a resale VB 150 points, and then a month later our guide told us she had 50 VWL for us, but our budget ran out, so we had to pass those up.

It's the holiday decorations that draw us there, and that's when we'll go. However, so far, I've also been able to use some VB points there as well.

Bobbi:D

:wave: Hi, Bobbi. Thank you for your response. December and the holiday decorations would be the only reason that I would attend, too.

I am renting points for three nights for the last three days of my December vacation for the first time. But I sure would like to own my own VWL DVC points.

And thankyou for the others that have voted.

Ray

40 for the intended every other year in the spring
30 for the every other year in the fall
100 just because we fell in love with it and knew the points would sell fast. So we have a 170 point "add on".

Call your guide and get on the list. It will eventually come thru.

We were going to add-on 50 at VWL (our "home" is BWV)...then, weupped that to 85....then, decided on 100. We sat on DVC's wait list for a few months..then, decided to buy resale. After a LONG tortuous process...we ended up getting 200 pts!!! So much for our "little" add-on.

Just a couple of weeks ago, my mom got a 50 pt. contract with all 50 current points, and 48 banked ones!!!

Did you see the two 100 pt. contracts that came up at TTS today? One sold, but one is still available.

:wave:

Beca

first we bought 196 point resale at VWL, then I added on another 29, now I want another 35-50 points, could have gotten them in July, but had just bought a new car, now that I have the money, I'm in waitlist hell!!! My guide has my credit card info and everything, so she knows I'm serious, not sure where in the waitlist I am, because technically I have been on it since June, but when I didn't take the poiints in July, not sure if that bumps me to the bottom! I have been paitently watching that 100 point March UY on TTS to see if it was bought or bought back by DVC? If it was bought back, maybe there will be hope!!!

I could only vote once and we have two addons at VWL. We have a September use year and a 57 and a 73. Have been discussing about selling one as we have too many points to use. Also own at Boardwalk and Hilton Head.

Husband loves VWL and we love Boardwalk.

Hi Ray!!! So good to see you!!! Good luck in your search for points!

My dd fell in love with WVL when we stayed there for my big 50 so we decided to purchase a small add on for a change.

It's a beautiful resort all year but especially at Christmas season - we always used to camp at FW so she felt right at home there.

Ray, little add-ons like that almost never make a resaler's website. That's because they usually have a list of people interested in the small contracts.

Contact the resalers, tell them what you are looking for and ask them to call/e-mail/contact you when a contract comes in.

Our original DVC purchase was 200 points at VWL. About a year later we added on 25 points there as well.

Are you strictly looking through resellers or have you waitlisted through Disney? When we wanted to add on 85 points at BWV, we called our guide to get on the list, but as it happened, there were 260 points available and we were allowed to buy our 85 from that allotment. We could've bought the entire amount, but didn't want that many.

So what I'm saying is, if you go through Disney, you could pick up just a few points from something they got back through ROFR, rather than having to wait for the right amount to show up with a resale broker.

Just a thought! :)

:wave: Hi Ray. I didn't reply to your post because we own all of our points at VWL- for the same reason you want points there!

I hope you are able to get your wish. I always enjoy reading your posts because you are always so kind and thoughtful.

I think we are going to be at VWL this Dec when you are there. Maybe we will run into each other and can say HI :wave: .

Again, best wishes for your VWL points.

:wave: Hi, everyone. Thank you for all of your responses. I apologize for not being very clear. I don't own any DVC points, yet. I am a little embarassed to say that I only want to start with 60 DVC points at VWL by purchasing resale. I thought that I would love to end my vacation in December by staying at the VWL Studio for five nights at 12 points per night on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for a total of 60 DVC points.

I know that I could probably rent the VWL points. But I sure would like to own there instead of renting.

And I am renting three nights at a VWL Studio this December. Maybe I will change my mind to but more after my first visit. I just love to visit and stay at Wilderness Lodge every December with all the holiday decorations and holiday lights.

:wave: Hi, msdis. It sounds like you have your DVC points planned out very well over the year. Thank you for your information.

:wave: Hi, Figment2. That sounds great. I gues that I would like an even number of 60 points for the studio.

:wave: Hi, Beca. I saw those 100 VWL points on resale. I am sorta loyal to ******** to buy my resale from. She was so nice to me at all the DIS Conventions that I went to. And she wasn't pushy either. I feel that I should buy a resale from her.

:wave: Hi, ClarabelleCow. Good luck. I hope that you get your DVC points.

:wave: Hi, BeckyV. Thank you for the information. Those are unusally numbered points. I guess that I would want an even number of points like 60 instead of 57 points so that I wouldn't always have to worry about renting or transferring three points to make 60. It's nice to know that there are so many DVCers with lower points at VWL.

:wave: Hi, iluvdisney. I know that you are going to think this is silly, but I actually remember your name. Your husband is Mark, I think. I have such a terrible time remembering names. I love the Wilderness Lodge, too. I hope to see you in December.

:wave: Hi, zulaya. Thank you for the information. For a while, I didn't think that there were any resales at VWL that were small. ******** says that she is keeping an eye out for me.

:wave: Hi, DisnEeyore. Thank you for the interesting information. I don't own any DVC points, yet. But I hope to own DVC soon. That's interesting that Disney let you buy just part of a contract. I didn't know that. I guess that I would have to already own at least 150 points at DVC before I am able to buy add-ons through Disney. My terminology of using the word "addon" was a mistake in my situation. I want to buy my first 60 points through a resale. That is why I was curious if a DVCer sells there points to a resale agent, if they have to combine all of their points together including all of their addons or if they could see their addons separate. Thank you for the insight.

:wave: Hi, Muushka. I would love to meet you this December. I will be staying at the Villa Wilderness Lodge for three nights on Monday, December 13, 14, and 15, 2004. Before that I will be staying at the All Star Movies, and before that I'll be on my first cruise, the DCL four day Wonder. And thank you for the good wishes.

Ray :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter