Administrator
11450gc_logo.jpg

Grand Californian Hotel
1150 Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802
(714) 956-56425
Check in 3:00pm Check out 11:00am

Info about the Grand Californian Hotel on the DIS

The Grand Californian Hotel is the newest and most luxurious hotel of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels. It is the only Disney Hotel that has an entrance to a theme park - California Adventure. In addition, the Grand Californan Hotel also has an entrance to Downtown Disney.

11450DCP_2433-med.JPG

11450IMG_4670-med.JPG

This hotel is styled in the Arts & Crafts style, which is very evident in the Grand Lobby and Hearthstone Lounge. It is six stories high, with the concierge lounge located on the 6th floor. The Grand Lobby is beautiful, with a 6-story ceiling, and a huge fireplace. In the afternoons, a piano player usually entertains guests. There is also storytelling next to the big firepace, told by a ranger. Ask at the desk what time storytelling is, as well as a hotel tour. There are two additional fireplaces. One is in the Hearthstone Lounge, and one is outside.

Hotel Layout

Grand Californian Aerial - Click on Picture to See Labels

Rooms are set up with two queen sized beds, a queen bed and bunk beds (with a trundle underneath - keep in mind that bunk beds are for younger children under 5'0"), a king bed, or two queens and a daybed. The bathrooms are separated, in that the sink is outside, and the toilet and tub/shower are in a closed room. Amenities include hairdryer, ironing board/iron, coffee/tea pot, pack & playpen for infants, television with cable, and minibar. You can request that the minibar stay locked, and you can also request that a small refrigerator be delivered. (This is not guaranteed, of course).

Standard rooms hold up to 4 adults and one child. However, you are not guaranteed a daybed or bunkbeds for 5 people. The Grand Californian Hotel also has sleeping bags to put on the floor. If you have 5 people, you may end up with 2 queen beds and a sleeping bag. Some families look on this as an adventure, but if this is something you are not comfortable with, you might want to consider a suite or staying at another hotel.

We had a room with bunkbeds, overlooking Downtown Disney - above the World of Disney Store.

11450001gcroom_jpg-med.JPG

Our balcony, overlooking the tram stop - looking to the left we could see Downtown Disney.

11450003gcbalcony_jpg-med.JPG

The rooms have views towards the Disneyland and Paradise Pier hotels,
courtyard view (and the monorail runs through it, though it doesn't stop), Downtown Disney view, and Themepark view overlooking Disney's California Adventure Park. Most rooms have balconies, but there are about 10 that do not have balconies that overlook the courtyard.

Standard view
11450DCP_2475-med.JPG

Courtyard view - with entrance to Downtown Disney & monorail track
11450DCP_5909-med.JPG

Typical Room Layout

There are two elevators, one by the lobby, and one by the restaurants and pools. If you have a room off of the lobby, leave your door slightly ajar and listen to the piano tunes (very nice).

There are two restaurants, a snackbar, and a lounge at the hotel, as well as room service. Napa Rose is a top rate hotel with the finest wines, food, and service. Storyteller Cafe serves character breakfast (Chip and Dale's Critter Breakfast), and regular lunch and dinner. The paintings on the wall depict various stories and the background music matches the various themes. We enjoy trying to figure out which painting matches the music. There are also two fireplaces that add to the cozy ambience of this restaurant. Whitewater Snacks is located at the end of the hotel, near the pools, and is a great place to grab a light breakfast before you start your day, or something fast and easy to munch on during the day. The Hearthstone Lounge offers a nice place to relax after a day in the parks with a drink and some snacks, or you can get a quick bite to eat here in the morning.

Acorn Gifts and Food is a gift shop off of the Grand Lobby, where you can buy sundries, as well as gifts exclusive to the Grand Californian Hotel.

There are two pools. The fountain pool is a more quiet pool. Each morning this pool is converted to a lap pool. Next to the Fountain pool is a small wading pool with lounge chairs around it for the younger guests. Beyond that is the Redwood pool, and it has a 100-foot water slide coming out of a fallen redwood tree, and a smaller slide for young guest. There is also a jacuzzi near the pools.

11450DCP_5910-med.JPG

11450gcpool-med.jpg

Disney's Grand Californian has its own private entrance to the California Adventure Park, and is right next to Downtown Disney, where you'll find a number of shops and restaurants. The Disneyland Park is within a few minutes walking distance, and so are the Disneyland and Paradise Pier hotels, which offer more restaurants, shops, and grounds to explore.

Entrance from Downtown Disney to Grand Californian
11450IMG_6987-med.JPG

Entrance from California Adventure to Grand Californian
11450005gcentrance1.jpg

The Grand California has a fitness center that is available to all hotel guests. The Eureka Springs Health Club and Spa offers dry saunas and steam rooms. There are massage rooms with expert massage therapists providing Swedish, Deep Tissue, and other massage services. Spa services are available to Disneyland Resort hotel guests for a fee.

Pinocchio's Workshop is a child activity center, available for evening childcare for children ages 5-12. Reservations are required, and limited space is available. For more extensive babysitting services, the hotel offers a referral program of licensed child care providers. This service is available to all Disneyland Resort hotel guests for a fee.

View of one of the pool entrances to the Fountain Pool from Storyteller Cafe entrance.

11450IMG_7039-med.JPG

Grand Lobby at Christmas

11450IMG_4375-med.JPG

There is an outdoor terrace that overlooks the pool area. Any guest can go on the terrace. Below you can see the entrance to California Adventure. It is at the side of the Fountain Pool.

11450IMG_4374-med.JPG

View of Downtown Disney from one of the rooms above World of Disney Store

11450005view_dd_jpg-med.JPG

DIS Photo Gallery - See Pics or Upload Your Own

Pinocchio's Workshop

This activity center is available to guests staying at the three Disneyland Resort hotels.

Hours: 5pm - 12am
Ages: 5-12 years old
Cost: $13.00 per hour, per child
Dinner (optional): $5.00

Pinocchio's Workshop has playstation games, board games, computer games, arts and crafts, books, puzzles, and Disney DVDs.

The Cast Member staff takes a family picture when the children are dropped off, and give parents a pager in case their child should need them before they return.

Reservations must be made through the Grand Californian Guest Services before dropping your child(ren) off, since only a certain number of children are allowed.

** ºoº **

Eureka Springs Health Club

Guests of the Grand Californian Hotel have use of the fitness center, and guests of the Disneyland Resort Hotels can use the spa for a fee.

11450IMG_0007.JPG

11450IMG_0009.JPG

11450IMG_0008.JPG

** ºoº **

Grizzly Game Arcade

11450IMG_0006.JPG

11450IMG_0004.JPG

11450IMG_0002.JPG

Grand Californian sign as you enter.

11450IMG_0001.JPG

View of the Grand Californian from the self parking lot.

One of the places to relax on the hotel grounds.

WOW!!! Thanks Mary-Jo! I can't wait to show my dd. Those are lovely. The workshop looks fun for small periods of time.
Thanks again!
Michele

I Sooooo love this hotel! I have stayed at most of Disney's flagship resorts, and I still vote this one as my favorite! Thanks for the pictures Mary Jo--making me more excited to stay there in 2 weeks!

Mary Jo, I have a couple of questions!
1. If I book a standard view room...where can I expect it to be located?
I have looked at the hotel layout and figured it would probably be facing the entrance...but am curious about the courtyard views! I don't see a courtyard view listed on their rates! Just, standard, DTD and parkviews!
2. Our party consists of myself, DH and 3 DDs. Will I probably get bunks...and does the bunk have a trundle? Should I request bunks?
3. Is there a shuttle that goes to Universals?

AspiringCindy said:
Mary Jo, I have a couple of questions!
1. If I book a standard view room...where can I expect it to be located?
I have looked at the hotel layout and figured it would probably be facing the entrance...but am curious about the courtyard views! I don't see a courtyard view listed on their rates! Just, standard, DTD and parkviews!
2. Our party consists of myself, DH and 3 DDs. Will I probably get bunks...and does the bunk have a trundle? Should I request bunks?

I'm not Mary Jo.. but we stayed in a standard bunk bed room in June..

Our standard room was on the 3rd floor right above the entrance.. my 2 year old loved seeing the cars all the time and the DLH looks neat lit up at night.. we could also see small parts of the monorail as it cruised through. Courtyard is standard..

The bunk beds do have a trundle.. our 5 yr old slept on the top bunk and our 2 year old slept on the trundle. We loved the bunks!

I know nothing about shuttles to Universal... sorry :)

We loved the GCH though.. very nice and soo quiet!

Thanks so much, Mary Jo; this is exactly the information I've been wanting! My sister is treating me to a stay at the GC in Jan., to celebrate my retirement :cool1: and I can hardly wait!!! :flower:

Shelebeen said:
I'm not Mary Jo.. but we stayed in a standard bunk bed room in June..

Our standard room was on the 3rd floor right above the entrance.. my 2 year old loved seeing the cars all the time and the DLH looks neat lit up at night.. we could also see small parts of the monorail as it cruised through. Courtyard is standard..

The bunk beds do have a trundle.. our 5 yr old slept on the top bunk and our 2 year old slept on the trundle. We loved the bunks!

I know nothing about shuttles to Universal... sorry :)

We loved the GCH though.. very nice and soo quiet!

Thanks so much for your response!!!

I really can't wait to stay at the Grand Californian. Fortunately, my trip is coming up in just a few weeks!

gppnj said:
I really can't wait to stay at the Grand Californian. Fortunately, my trip is coming up in just a few weeks!

You have to let us how it went!...This thread convinced me that GC will not disappoint!! I just booked my DL package for my 1st trip EVER to California!!

Is there internet access somewhere on site? I will not have my laptop with me, but would like to use email to communicate with family while I am there.

Oh, and thanks for the really nice overview of the GCH. We'll be there very in early March, so excited now and pleased to be staying there.

AspiringCindy said:

There is not a shuttle, but you can use the airport bus for trasportation. Bus tour

Regular admission to US is $57, $47 if you buy online. With transportation from the airport bus it is $80 ($77 with online coupon).

We used the service a couple of years ago. It worked ok. The times are not at all flexible, that is the only thing we didnt like about it.

Is there internet access somewhere on site? I will not have my laptop with me, but would like to use email to communicate with family while I am there.

There is a business center off the lobby.

Does the GCH offer babysitting services for little ones that can't go into Pinochio's Workshop? My DDs are 3 and 7- what are our options for a night out with my DH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!