ºoº Disneyland Happiest Faces on Earth - Pics

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
In 2004, Disneyland began asking guests to submit photographs of their family having fun at Disneyland - didn't matter if they were black and white, color, regular photos, or digital - Disney wanted them for their Happiest Homecoming on Earth celebration for the 50th anniversary.

Disney's imagineers have created beautiful collages from these photographs and placed them at Disneyland and California Adventure, using thousands of photos that were submitted by guests and cast members.

From a Distance, these collages seem like simple giant posters of our favorite characters and villains, but on closer inspection, the individual photos stand out.

Here are a few samples of the Happiest Faces on Earth. Click on a picture to see a larger version.

Some of these pics can be seen on the DISneyland board: Disneyland's 50th Celebration Pictures

Disneyland Map with Happiest Faces locations

On Main Street there are two. One is inside Walt's Theater and is of Walt himself with the Mouse who started it all.

11728hfoe-mike-1.jpg

Outside of Walt's Theater there is a huge mural of Steamboat Willie.

Up close, you can see the individual photos

Sorry this is blurred.

As you step away a bit, you see that the individual photos make up cast members faces.

And, it's not until you really step back that you see Steamboat Willie himself
11450SteamboatWillie5.jpg

You can find Malificient in Fantasyland

11728hpoe-7.jpg

Winnie the Pooh is one of my favorites, and can be found in Critter Country, by his attraction.

You can find Simba and Nala in Adventureland

11728hfon-mike-4a.jpg

11728hfon-mike-4.jpg

Hitchhiking Ghosts in front of the Haunted Mansion

11728hfoe-mike-6.jpg

Fantasmic in front of the French Market Restaurant

11728HFOE-1.jpg

More to come....

Mary Jo, I love the pictures you posted. Our family was in CALif and visited DL 5/2/05 and I too love the Pooh collage. Side note- I can't wait for Saturday AM. Sure wish I could send you come coffee or hot tea while you wait for the MAGIC. I'm sure your hyperness and meeting other DISers will keep you warm! Have a very Disney day!

Thanks so much again, Mary Jo. This is the first time I have seen the Steamboat Willie collage. You made my night! Where exactly is this in the park, at the front??

mary jo, the pics are awesome

I read in Disney Magazine that you can go to a kiosk or CM desk to find if your photo is used in one of the murals?
What do you do? Search on your last name or username used when submitting the photos?

Is this the case? Since the email returned from Disneyland didn't give any specifics other than thanking us for our submission to the program.

We're going in Oct. and can't wait to see which one(s) ours was used in...

Nice pictures!

My family and I have 5 pictures use in the collages. Does anyone know if there will be posters available to purchase?

Calvin-
When you go, check the kiosk anyway....we did have 5 pics used and when we checked on the kiosk list, each pic was used at least 3 times which meant we were in about 20 of the murals (some pics used 7 times, some used twice in same mural).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!