ºoº Can anyone give me suggestions for "party favors", snacks on Illumination Cruise?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
:wave: Hi, everyone.

Any Epcot Illumination Firework Cruise Pontoon Boat experts out there?

I am hosting a 2004 Mousefest Illuminations Cruise Meet on Monday, December 13, 2004.

I don't really know anyone that has signed up for the Illuminations Cruise except for Towncrier. So I guess they will all be strangers.

But I thought that I would help encourage the group to interact with each other by bringing some party favors, snacks, and drinks for everyone to enjoy.

The pontoon boat will have 11 people total including the Castmember boat captain.

I was thinking of bringing some Krispy Kreme Donuts, chocolate covered, bottled water.

As far as party favors, I was thinking about bringing some of those bottles for each person to make bubbles with.

And maybe going to the Disney Outlet Stores in Orlando and picking up some nicknacks to give away as a lottery while waiting for the fireworks.

I sure could use some suggestions from anyone with any ideas.

Thank you in advance.

Ray :wave:

Hi Ray.....I'd join you if I were still there....I hoped on the mousefest sign up..only to click the wrong button and snag a boat for the night we are going to MVMCP....had to cancel that one....

any how ideas.... how about light up braclets or necklaces...

bubbles are really good though...

Hey, Danny. Could you remind me what you did last year at the OKW DIS Meet.

First let me introduce myself I'm Melinda and i'm on your cruise. I think your ideas are great and i was wondering if someone was going to get some krispy kremes considering the cruise name. Just a thought maybe a mix of plain glazed and chocolate in case some people can't eat the chocolate ones. If i have any ideas i'll let you know and if there is anything i can do you can email me directly at mahelsley@comcast.net.

Melinda :wave: :boat:

I am also hosting a mousefest cruise on Thursday evening. I was thinking along the same lines, Should I or should I not bring some treats? I was thinking for me maybe some local salt water taffy? And as Zurgswife suggested some light up stuff necklaces etc for teh kids?

Anyone else has any other ideas for Ray I would be appreciative as well!

PS MHelsey,, I think you are on my BWV tree swap list can you pm me with your info again, I lost all my saved info!

Originally posted by zurgswife
Hi Ray.....I'd join you if I were still there....I hoped on the mousefest sign up..only to click the wrong button and snag a boat for the night we are going to MVMCP....had to cancel that one....

any how ideas.... how about light up braclets or necklaces...

bubbles are really good though...

:wave: Hi, Kim. I was wondering why your name wasn't on the list anymore. I'm sorry. If you have an cancelation or opening on the 4th, let me know.

See you at WDW.

Ray:wave:

Originally posted by mhelsley
First let me introduce myself I'm Melinda and i'm on your cruise. I think your ideas are great and i was wondering if someone was going to get some krispy kremes considering the cruise name. Just a thought maybe a mix of plain glazed and chocolate in case some people can't eat the chocolate ones. If i have any ideas i'll let you know and if there is anything i can do you can email me directly at mahelsley@comcast.net.

Melinda :wave: :boat:

:wave: Hi, Melinda. Thank you so much for introducing yourself to me. I am the volunteer host for that particular Illuminations Cruise and I chose the name the Krispy Kreme Cruise...lol.

Thank you for the advice. I was going to drive to the local Krispy Kreme and get a dozen fresh, glazed Krispy Kreme donuts and a dozen fresh, chocolate covered glazed Krispy Kreme donots, and some of their fresh coffee, cups, napkins and maybe hats...lol. Maybe some hot chocolate with little marshmellows, too.

I was going to bring some party favors to let everyone chose what they wanted or draw a lottery. I'm not really sure, yet. Maybe something from the DIS store with a pin with your name on it. Maybe some light up neck things.

There are several other people on the DIS that will be there, too. Towncrier (John), Carl (Carl), JamesD (James) and his lovely wife Linda. And now you, mhelsley (Melinda).

I wonder who everyone else is on our boat?

Originally posted by twinmomplus2new
I am also hosting a mousefest cruise on Thursday evening. I was thinking along the same lines, Should I or should I not bring some treats? I was thinking for me maybe some local salt water taffy? And as Zurgswife suggested some light up stuff necklaces etc for teh kids?

Anyone else has any other ideas for Ray I would be appreciative as well!

PS MHelsey,, I think you are on my BWV tree swap list can you pm me with your info again, I lost all my saved info!

:wave: Hi, twinmomplus2new. That's great. I'll update this list when I get new information to let you know.

I have a car, so I will be able to park at the Beach and Yacht Club and buy local stuff.

I think most people will be at the park all day and will carry the items with them or leave them in their resort room until they go on their Illuminations cruise.

I think that the taffy is a great idea.

I was thinking pretzels or other easy to carry stuff, too.

Have fun.

Hi there...I'm not on this cruise but I wanted to tell Ray that I met Melinda last year and if she is any indication, you will have a ton of nice people on your cruise.

Any non-edible ideas out there for the adults?

Originally posted by PhotobearSam
Hi there...I'm not on this cruise but I wanted to tell Ray that I met Melinda last year and if she is any indication, you will have a ton of nice people on your cruise.

Any non-edible ideas out there for the adults?

:wave: Hi, Sam. And thankyou...any more ideas?

Ray:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!