ºoº Attractions Unique to Disneyland & California Adventure from WDW

Great thread! This is just what I need for next summer's DL trip.
I don't want to spend a whole lot of time in DL on stuff I can see at WDW any time. I printed and saved it along with the updates! Thanks to the suppliers!

Great thread! This is just what I need for next summer's DL trip.
I don't want to spend a whole lot of time in DL on stuff I can see at WDW any time. I printed and saved it along with the updates! Thanks to the suppliers!

Yeah! I also think this is a great thread. I'm going there soon. I agree theat some of the rides in DLR are much better than the ones at WDW. I can't wait 'till my next trip!:cheer2: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :santa:

That is a lot of great information. I've always wondered things about that!

I appreciate the info. I'm heading to DL in Nov. and will pay closer attention to the lay out. Can't wait!

What a great thread! As a DLR annual passholder and a frequent visitor to WDW (10 times in the past 14 years and counting!) I have to agree with most people's descriptions of the differences between the rides at each park, as well as the various "different but equally great" reviews of each attraction.

We were also fortunate to have visited DLP during their 10 year anniversary celebration in 2002, so now we can say we've seen Disney from three different angles, just like LJH77, :banana: ! One thing I'm surprised that she didn't mention though was the Haunted Mansion. It is totally different than both DLR and WDW. The theme is set in the American old west, and tells the story of a bride that was kidnapped by a Phantom of the Opera type character before the wedding could take place. As for the ghosts and ghouls, they are WAY more scary than either DLR or WDW, more like something out of Indiana Jones, and might be a bit too intense for the younger members of the family. At the end, instead of going through the graveyard like in the other two, you go through an Old West Ghost Town, complete with bar keeps and dance hall girls. It is VERY different and I think that's probably why we rode it something like 3 times in a row. LOL! We took video through the whole thing and it turned out kinda dark, but it's still fun to watch now and then.

I went to WDW for the first time last summer. I grew up near DL and went all the time. Maybe it is the memories, but DL will always be closer to my heart.

I want to go to BOTH now again!!

Long time Disney fan but new to Disboards. This is great!

:cheer2:

Thanks so much for the list! I had a very limited amount of time to spend at DLR, so I used this thread to help me prioritize what I wanted to see. I had so much fun seeing the many Disney attractions that were either new to me or different than they are WDW, I now have to plan a return trip with DH, DD, and DS so they can share in the experience.

Thanks so much for the list! I had a very limited amount of time to spend at DLR, so I used this thread to help me prioritize what I wanted to see. I had so much fun seeing the many Disney attractions that were either new to me or different than they are WDW, I now have to plan a return trip with DH, DD, and DS so they can share in the experience.

Great idea :)

We are WDW big fans, but we are talking about making the trip out to California this year. I was going to post and ask about the major differences between the parks, but I stumbled upon this thread and now I don't have to.

Thanks for all the great info.

WOW!!!!

THANKS so much for all that GREAT info.

I was wondering what they were.

My mom and I are big WDW fans--(well, me, more than here, but she has fun when we go & she's more of a kid than my husband is!!!!!!) and are going to DL for the 1st time to celebrate my 40th birthday!!!!!

we're going to take a week, and wondered if we have too much time......but after reading this info, and looking at some of the photo's, I don't think so!

The pictures of Toon Town are so neat......I'll use 1/2 of a memory card on just that area.....it looks sooo different than WDW toontown!!!!!

Can't wait for Fantasmic.....although, it appears that you stand for the whole thing, and I mom needs to sit for something like that......guess we'll see when we get there how that plays out!!!! anyone got any tips or ideas for that????

THANKS,
LESLIE

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have taken the time to post here. It is very helpful information. :goodvibes

Monster's Inc. needs to be added to the list! It's a great slow-moving dark ride much like Winnie the Pooh. It's in the Hollywood section of California Adventure where Super Star Limo used to be. :sulley:

Thanks for all the great insite!
DH loves DW so we are venturing to take the kids to DL until they get a bit bigger. This is a great help to show him the Differences!
TY
-KA

Okay, you've convinced me to book a trip to DL! :rotfl:

Thanks for all the great information--now I'm off to start planning my next disney trip!

We just returned from our first trip to disneyland with our daughters who are 3 and 2. They LOVED LOVED LOVED the Princess Fantasy Faire. Is there anything similar to this at WDW? I've looked at their web site a few times and can't seem to find anything. This honestly MADE our trip.

We just returned from our first trip to disneyland with our daughters who are 3 and 2. They LOVED LOVED LOVED the Princess Fantasy Faire. Is there anything similar to this at WDW? I've looked at their web site a few times and can't seem to find anything. This honestly MADE our trip.

If you're little princesses are interested in getting their hair and make-up done WDW has the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. They have locations in MK and in DTD. There is a large array of princess dresses and accessories available at these locations. There is no Princess Fantasy Faire in WDW, but there is storytime with Belle in MK, princess meet-n-greets in Toontown, and two Princess character meals; one in Cinderella's castle and the other in Epcot's Norway pavilion. Hope this helps. :]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter