£5 Megabus to Paris booked! yes, really...

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
Still 2 weeks to go til our June Disney trip but I spent my lunch break today sorting out plans for our September trip!
It will be a budget trip for me, my sister and my cousin on the way to a family wedding in Toulouse. We wanted to go by Eurostar, but prices are extortionate. So we've been keeping an eye on flights - the most affordable ones were from Luton but at awkward times with it being quite hard to get to first thing in the morning.
Anyway, long story short, we decided to check these new European megabus routes and found a journey from London-Paris the day before our arrival at DLP for £5 each! I couldn't resist - so just went ahead and booked it, then booked the Explorers hotel for that night at £68 :cool1:
8 hour megabus journey - maybe we're crazy - but I like to think of it as an adventure :beach:

Oh, that's a bargain :thumbsup2 Hope you've got the ipod/kindle on full charge though, 8 hours :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh, that's a bargain :thumbsup2 Hope you've got the ipod/kindle on full charge though, 8 hours :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Do you know what's even worse, its 2 days after my mum, sister and I drive from Glasgow to London for my move in a hired van with all my possessions and move me into my flat :faint: :faint: :faint: It all seems like a fantastic idea right now....I will almost definitely regret it.
Part of the journey to Paris is on the ferry, so presumably we'll get to wander about the boat, get lunch etc, which will break the journey up a bit.

Heres the thing - 8 hours sounds a bad journey but here's how our travel for tomorrow looks:

Get train to London at 5:30 :O

Arrive St Pancras 6:30

Leave St Pan at 8

Arrive Lille at 10:20 (+1 hour)

Leave Lille at 11am

Arrive DLRP at 12pm.

So really our journey is almost 6 hours anyway. The actual Eurostar part is short but really the bus isn't much longer. And such a bargain!

That is such a fantastic bargain Lisa!!! :thumbsup2

Good luck with the move too :scared: :rotfl:

Heres the thing - 8 hours sounds a bad journey but here's how our travel for tomorrow looks:

Get train to London at 5:30 :O

Arrive St Pancras 6:30

Leave St Pan at 8

Arrive Lille at 10:20 (+1 hour)

Leave Lille at 11am

Arrive DLRP at 12pm.

So really our journey is almost 6 hours anyway. The actual Eurostar part is short but really the bus isn't much longer. And such a bargain!

Well that's what I figured too - door to door, flying would have been 5 or 6 hours. And everyone is right, such a bargain, I couldn't resist the bus :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter