£170 - swimming or other?

emmamc252

Mouseketeer
Sorry for cryptic title, it'll make sense when you read question.
Looking to book 5 nights end nov (want nov for Xmas stuff and 5 nights as hubby has to take week block of holiday anyway and kids too young for normal paris etc. ) never been paris (florida one :love:) so hard to decide.....

As long as hotel room has beds and heating were happy, do want to stay on site too, so Santa Fe cheapest and fine BUT
NO POOL! Ugh! But sequiola lodge is £170 more! £170'for a swim seems crazy! That really would be the only difference it would make to our holiday is the pool. Location, rooms, etc really not bothered.

We were thinking we'd go out and freeze in the parks, come back swim and warm up then go eat or DDT or just crash if had longer day in the parks. We do love to swim but the kids go swimming here every week.
So my question is what else could we do with £170 not in the cold that's more disney than going for a swim? Trying to decide where the money is better spent, swimming pool or on other stuff? Like. The western show or anything else others can suggest?

I have stayed in the hotels with a pool and have never used them. If a pool is realy important and you think your going make the time to return to the hotel in the afteroon to use it then go for it.

Also remember that the swimming pool in the Sequoia Lodge is not in the main building but in one of the Lodges. So you might freeze geting to and from the pool depending on where you room is in the hotel complex.

I liked the looks of the pool at Sequoia Lodge when we booked, but honestly despite loving swimming we didn't even venture to the building it was in. Unless you know you will make time for it, I wouldn't make a choice based on the pool.

We did love the Sequoia Lodge though.

It took until our third trip to DLP before we found time to swim - even though we'd specifically chosen a hotel with a pool!

DLP hotel pools do have the reputation of not being the warmest if that's any help!

Jonjo said:
I have stayed in the hotels with a pool and have never used them. If a pool is realy important and you think your going make the time to return to the hotel in the afteroon to use it then go for it.

Also remember that the swimming pool in the Sequoia Lodge is not in the main building but in one of the Lodges. So you might freeze geting to and from the pool depending on where you room is in the hotel complex.

I didn't like SL pool at all. Staff doesn't care. It's cold, dark. Water is very cold. To get yo jacuzzi you have to swim over the big pool, there's no other way. Locker room dirty, floor just flooded with water. I complained after we got home. Do I wouldn't bother with SL pool as it's not worth extra money.

It's not *just* the pool you'll get for your extra mibey. Is proper heating - from a vent in the ceiling and not a heater. Iit's the civilised breakfast setting where you are shown to your seat rather than the free for all bundling the SF/Cheyenne. Its the upgraded breakfast items (individual yogurt and not from a slop pot, tell fresh fruit and not tinned stuff). Its the feel of the warm fire and the lovely bar......

I've stayed several times in the SL and NEVER have used the pool. Were going in just under two weeks and going to *try* to use it, but will probably just crash in the room ;)

Personaly I wouldn't go swimming while at DLP, as we swim here every week, so its not like its a treat to go swimming while on holiday if you know what I mean. We have tried the pool at the SL before tho, and its very deep cold water, nothing like pools here in the uk, theres no shallow end, its just all deep water.
At DLP I would rather be in the parks doing Disney rather than swimming.
Buffalo bills wild west show would be good thing to do if your looking to spend that £170, you will all get feed and have a good evening, but with little ones I would suggest the 6.30pm showing.

Sorry for cryptic title, it'll make sense when you read question.
Looking to book 5 nights end nov (want nov for Xmas stuff and 5 nights as hubby has to take week block of holiday anyway and kids too young for normal paris etc. ) never been paris (florida one :love:) so hard to decide.....

As long as hotel room has beds and heating were happy, do want to stay on site too, so Santa Fe cheapest and fine BUT
NO POOL! Ugh! But sequiola lodge is £170 more! £170'for a swim seems crazy! That really would be the only difference it would make to our holiday is the pool. Location, rooms, etc really not bothered.

We were thinking we'd go out and freeze in the parks, come back swim and warm up then go eat or DDT or just crash if had longer day in the parks. We do love to swim but the kids go swimming here every week.
So my question is what else could we do with £170 not in the cold that's more disney than going for a swim? Trying to decide where the money is better spent, swimming pool or on other stuff? Like. The western show or anything else others can suggest?

If it's any help, here is a look inside of the Sequoia Lodge Pool. There are changing room inside too so no need to freeze. It's also a 2 minute walk from the hotel if you use the side exit door..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de7mqNe2rvg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter