“What is the best advice you can give to others who are about to go to WDW?

I agree with the previous posts. There is no way you can do it all in one trip, unless you are staying for a month. Wish I could do that.

1. Stay on-site to take advantage of EMH
2. Make sure you drink lots of water
3. Do some strategic planning - ie., being there at rope drop, fastpasses
4. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!!!:umbrella:
5. Bring a couple of hats. In the early days, I lost hats on rides like TT
6. Relax. If you obsess over getting everything done, you won't enjoy it

Then when you don't get to do everything, you will be planning to come back again that much sooner.

Hey Mickey, can't wait to see ya!!!!!!! May 30th baby!!!:hourglass :disrocks:

Take the time to plan. You don't have to go crazy, but without planning you won't enjoy yourself.

Listen to your kids like you would at home. If they need a nap, don't push them to stay awake.

We're coming back this December and like every other time we'll be staying off site, we always rent a villa close by. This gives us more freedom to come and go as we please, in our opinion, and as there's always odd numbers it makes the trip easier to cope with (teenagers don't want to share with adults, but can't really have a hotel room of their own).

My main tips would be; eat a good breakfast (there are plenty of places around the parks offering very good VFM), even if your kids can walk get a stroller (at 3 o'clock in the afternoon even 4 or 5 year olds are worn out, and it always give you somewhere to dump everything while you go on the rides), check the weather forecast as in autumn (fall) and winter the evenings can go chilly quite quickly, if you're going in summer ponchos are a must and be prepared for some rides to close while the storms pass, planning to some extent is essential, but sometimes you have to go with flow. Finally enjoy every minute and make memories for your kids to cherish.

ps* we love Disney and Universal parks, but sometimes a break is needed so a trip to the beach is always worth considering, the last time we came in December we parked on Daytona beach and swam in the ocean 3 days before Christmas, while it was snowing back home in the UK:thumbsup2*

Start walking now, and get in at least 4 or five miles a day before your trip if you are not used to being on your feet.

The wife and I always do now, and the newbies who scoff at the suggestion are always thankful for it when they get there.

That is what slows down most people to the point they are burnt. Also, it helps improve your energy if you start a daily regiment, which you certainly need on that WDW trip....

1. Ladies, sunscreen in the part of your hair if not wearing a hat. This goes for kids too! Agreed, it's not pretty, but neither is the burning sensation or the huge flakes as the sunburn peels.

2. Backpack for carrying essentials into the park, like the extra socks, water, camera, etc.

3. Sunglasses! Seems elementary, but on our April trip, I forgot them and had to pay a pretty penny for them at the Grand Emporium on Main Street. Believe me, they were worth every penny, but $5.00 sunglasses from Walmart would have worked just as well.

4. Large Ziplock bag comes in handy for putting your camera and other things in when riding the water rides. We slide our stuff into the Ziplock bag and then into the backpack. Dry as a bone when we're done. Having several is handy for packing away the wet swimsuits at the end of the trip too.

5. Something new we're trying this year, ordering the laundry detergent from GardenGrocer.com, along with snacks and water. Why take up room in the checked baggage?

Please DON'T feel the need to see EVERYTHING.

Not only is it impossible....you won't enjoy any of it.

When your hot and sweaty and the kids are crying.....leave...go back to your hotel for a swim.
Make dining reservations.

last but not least......STOP LOOK AROUND AND ENJOY THE MAGIC:goodvibes
Kerri

My most important advice is to take time to relax. Don't schedule every minute, and don't even have expectations for every day. Just head to a park and see what happens. Stop every once in a while and admire the scenery, the streetmosphere/castle stage/impromptu plays, etc.

Don't miss the forest (Disney theme park) for the trees (attractions).

1. Get on this site and research your tushy off

2. Make ADR's

3. Stay Onsite

Take a break in the afternoon, especially if you have kids. You don't necessarily have to nap, but go back to the resort, have a swim and just relax for an hour, then head back to the parks. You'll be surprised at how much more fun you will have when you are rested up.

Best advice I can give to anyone visiting WDW...

Take everything you read here with a grain a salt(not that there isn't a ton of information being posted).

For every person that posts here about something in a positive manner, there is an equal number posting just the opposite.

This applies to...

-Mid-day breaks

-Park Hopping

-Restaurants

-Rope drop

-Disney transportation

-Resorts

etc, etc, etc...

Moral of the story...read as much as you can here and then decide what is best for your family and not so much taking what is written as gospel.

Read 'The Unofficial Guide to WDW' for an objective description of what all the rides, shows and attractions are about, then write down the things you most want to do, and follow the list. Also, if you see an item that appeals to you, buy it on the spot, you won't find it there or elsewhere later in your stay.

Bill From PA

Also, if you see an item that appeals to you, buy it on the spot, you won't find it there or elsewhere later in your stay.

Bill From PA

I never learn this lesson. During our recent trip, I saw a tshirt at the WoD store I really liked and was in my size(xl). I didn't buy it and when we went back the next day...no more xl. I was really pissed.

On our last night at WDW, I took DD to the POFQ gift shop about an hour before closing. As I am browsing around, what do I stumble across...the same tshirt. Lucky this time. Unlucky on many other occasions.

I never learn this lesson. During our recent trip, I saw a tshirt at the WoD store I really liked and was in my size(xl). I didn't buy it and when we went back the next day...no more xl. I was really pissed.

On our last night at WDW, I took DD to the POFQ gift shop about an hour before closing. As I am browsing around, what do I stumble across...the same tshirt. Lucky this time. Unlucky on many other occasions.

Boy do I SECOND, THIRD AND FOURTH this particular tip. I always remember that if I change my mind (and I have on more than one occasion ;) ) your hotel gift shop will take any and all returns. I do ALWAYS keep my receipts. But I have returned things purchased elsewhere on property to my hotel gift shop. It is much easier to return it to the GS then running around on the last day trying to find that particular item(s). :rolleyes1 Also, I shop earlier in my trip for my souvies (like Cmas orns, WDW exclusive PMs, new Mr. Potato head parts, the things I know that I am buying) and have them sent to my hotel. I am less likely to forget something and I can pack my luggage easier as I usually try to pack up alot of our stuff a day ahead instead of that morning.

Get to each park as early as possible and do as much as you can in the early hours.

Also, dont be so fixated on capturing everything on camera/video.....you miss being in the moment a lot of those times and can't enjoy it as much.

Just remember you are there to enjoy your vacation.

If at ANY time you start to feel stress stop and take a breath.

Find a bench, and take in where you are. Soak it all up and smile.

When the magic returns stand up and have a great time :).

Get to each park as early as possible and do as much as you can in the early hours.

Also, dont be so fixated on capturing everything on camera/video.....you miss being in the moment a lot of those times and can't enjoy it as much.

A video camera is great for a trip or two(especially if the kids are young), but after that ditch it. Most better point and shoot cameras now capture video/audio and it's good enough quality for that brief minute or two that you really need video...

versus videotaping the resort, castle, parade and fireworks for the 20th time.:rotfl2:

I agree with the trying not to worry about the pictures and video/.
2 years ago I wanted so much to capture it all. Finally after a few rides I said why am I doing this. I am missing the moments that wil always be in my memory. This past time I still got pictures but let alot go!

If you have a dd that NEEDS to see a princess get to toontown right before 10. Then you should have no problem getting to see them without a long wait. The wait just gets worse as the day goes on!!

Didn't read through the whole thread so I apologize if this is a repeat...

If you get to the parks before opening, the lines at the turnstyles will stretch way beyond the ticket sales windows. What most people don't realize is that there are short lines BEHIND the ticket sales windows that aren't visible until you walk around to the other side of the ticket sales.

We bypassed very long lines only to find extremely short lines directly behind the ticket sales windows. I felt a little awkward at first because I'm sure people thought I was barging ahead in the line, but really there was no reason to stand in the long lines just because the short ones were out of view.

after 20 plus time to disney...(and im only 22). my best advice is just to relax and enjoy. make a plan so that you have a direction, but dont be afraid to through it out the window. Kids get tired and need a nap, the line for that ride is way too long bad things happend. But on the other hand you see a character coming out the door (no line!) or find that prefect picture spot. Who cares if you a little late for you reservations. PS this is disney they will seat you anyway. Go shopping in the countries, even if you dont buy anything, its maybe our favorite thing to go. SO many weird things to play with.

you will not see everything unless you are there for two week so dont try in 4 days. although on a scavenger hunt that lasted 14 hrs one day we did get to see alot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter