“Podcasts…why do you listen to them?

WDW Newsletter

Mouseketeer
Here is my latest blog about podcasts and I would like to hear our thoughts about them.

Newspapers…..news on the radio…..news on television….. news on the internet……these have been the main sources of ways to receive information. The latest form of passing along information to people is through podcasts.

Several years ago there were a handful of Disney related fan websites. Now there are hundreds of them throughout the internet. Some of the websites decided to expand their viewership and reach new fans through the podcasting medium. Many now produce weekly shows that offer things such as news, rumors, interviews, audio clips, and games. As with the many Disney websites, most of the podcasts are going to contain the same basic news and rumors items, but each has its own uniqueness of flow, structure, and style of their podcast. Some are longer than an hour, while there are some that run as short as 15 minutes. That is what makes each podcast a bit different. Many times people are limited in how much time they have to listen to podcasts, thus the shorter podcasts are better for them. Conversely, if you are someone who commutes and has plenty of travel time, a longer podcast helps pass the time for you.

Podcasts are not for everyone. There is only so much time we all have each week to relax and sometimes we get enough information through newsletters and websites to make do. For others who can find the time and can’t get enough Disney talk, then head over to iTunes and give some various podcasts a listen. Who knows maybe you will find one that you like and it will help give you a Disney fix until your next vacation!

Not to ingratiate myself with the Disboards 'owners', I find their podcasts to some of the funniest I have ever heard. I enjoyed them so much that in my bi-weekly column for our "in-house" IT tech bulletin, I talked about podcasts and the DisUnplugged was my featured podcast.
I also enjoy getting the Sunday news programs on my Zen.
I think podcasts are great for when I'm out walking or working around the yard.
And, they're great for music. It's like talking your stereo with you.

I listen to 2 podcasts.. a DJ one, where I actually learn stuff. And, occasionally a World of Warcraft one because I enjoy the subject matter.

I love the podcasts and have them for more than just Disney. I listen to them in the car while running errands, I play them (sometimes I don't watch the video) while I am cleaning the house and I listen to them while working out. Sometimes I get sick of listening to music and the podcasts are a refreshing escape.

I only listen to one. Inside the Magic with Ricky Brigante. I haven't been listening in a couple months. But I love love love his podcasts! I normally upload the podcasts onto my ipod and listen to them while I commute to work. He always has such great Disney news and videos to go along with them. And Skipper Ben's segments normally make me laugh, depending on the material!

I listen to podcasts while out for walks. I found that listening to music on the iPod made me start walking to the beat, which got me walking a little too fast without realizing it...or way too slow. I like to keep an even pace and podcasts let me do that.

I listen to Disney podcasts because I like Disney. I listen to the DIS one (well, I'll start back up soon now that the weather is nice again) because I'm on the DIS all the flippin time, saw it advertised and tried it out. I like it, so I stick with it.

I also like the longer ones because then I don't have to fiddle with the iPod while walking - just put it in my pocket and be done with it. What I don't like is when they're funny because I have to stifle my laughs so as not to look like a goofball and I think it makes me look even more ridiculous when some muscles are trying to stretch into a laugh and others are trying to stop it. :crazy:

I listen to them because I'm cheap and they are free to download on ITunes!:thumbsup2

I like the WDW Radio show and some of the NPR ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter