“Ice Cream” made from Frozen Bananas ONLY

Amazon has excellent raw amber agave; sold in six packs for $33.00 or so. I'm on my third six-pack thus far.

Many years ago, I clipped a recipe out of a cosmo magazine for a strawberry bannana smoothie the had you chop up a banana and put in the freezer overnight. Then you put it in a blender with a little skim milk, a cup (I think a cup?) of strawberries and a little bit of honey. It was so yummy.

I'm going to try this again, only with my vanilla soy milk, since I'm off dairy. I may have to try your recipe too. Is chocolate cool whip lactose free? It sounds so good, and I really miss my ice cream in the summer.

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I make something similar using my Vitamix.

You all should definitely be posting more. I love collecting healthy recipes and getting more ideas. :hippie:

It is described as "non-dairy". It doesn't contain cream or milk but does have a milk-derived protein called sodium caseinate.

Thanks for the information! I looked at the ingrediants and was tempted to say that it was lactose free; I didn't know about sodium caseinate.

Note: once you may "frozen banana ice cream" (yes, it is not really ice cream) it does not 'refreeze' very well. However, if you have a vacuum device (foodsaver, etc) and so take out the air before putting back in the freezer, it keeps much better.

It is described as "non-dairy". It doesn't contain cream or milk but does have a milk-derived protein called sodium caseinate.

Thanks. I'm new to the whole "stay away from lactose" diet. I know a little cheese doesn't affect me. It's really the lactose that gets me.

This sounds so tasty! The other day I made a blueberry smoothie from a recipe of the side of my soy milk container. I can't remember the quantities, but it had blueberries, soy milk, and honey in it. So good!

I love eating 'more natural' things! Can't wait to try this one.

Well, I wonder if I could heat the bananas first? :lmao:

I have a ragweed allergy which causes a cross-reactivity to bananas and cantaloupe for me. Heating or cooking the bananas would eliminate or decrease the allergic reaction.

This recipe sounds soooo yummy though and it would be a great alternative to by Baskin Robbins ice cream that has become a habit and contributed to my significant weight gain recently. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter