“3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery Question

Mac4life30

DIS Veteran
How long does this event last? I thought it was from 6pm to 9:00pm however I noticed its really from 8pm to 9:30pm.???

Best case scenario (which we all know doesnt happen) you will be inside at exactly 8pm. Wont they be herding you out for illuminations at 8:50? So best case your looking at 45 mins of enjoying yourself at this event?

Last year the party started at 8:00 pm, which is when the curtain opened and we were able to go in. The dessert and savory stations were already set-up and ready to go at that point. So there was very little lag between when the curtains opened and you could get your first desserts. The dessert stations were open until 9:30 pm and were constantly replenished, so they never seemed to run out. There was about 90 minutes to try all the yummies.

The dessert party is held on Fridays, when Illuminations is at 10. So you have about 30 minutes to get to the viewing area after the party ends.

It was a lot of fun and I highly recommend going! :)

The PP is correct. Last year the party was from 8:00-9:30. People with Sweet Seat tickets were allowed in a little earlier so they could get to the buffet tables first. The curtain opened at 8:00 for the rest of the party goers and some headed straight to the buffet tables and others looked for a table to sit at. It probably took about 10-15 minutes for everyone to enter. The check in podiums opened around 7:00 so if you arrive early, you would be among the first to enter.

IllumiNations was at 10:00 on Friday (and Saturday nights) so party goers had at least half an hour to get to the reserved viewing area.

So my question would be is it worth it? Im looking at it as $55 to just have desserts when I can pay less and do the same amount of eating at Boma/Ohana.

So my question would be is it worth it? Im looking at it as $55 to just have desserts when I can pay less and do the same amount of eating at Boma/Ohana.

In reality, that's a question that only you can answer. What is worth it one person may not be worth it another. Personally, I really enjoyed the dessert party and would happily go again. It won't provide you with a full meal like Boma or 'Ohana, but it does give you a chance to eat as many desserts as you'd like. There is a wide variety of items, mostly sweet, but a few are savory and there are lots of drinks to try.

In reality, that's a question that only you can answer. What is worth it one person may not be worth it another. Personally, I really enjoyed the dessert party and would happily go again. It won't provide you with a full meal like Boma or 'Ohana, but it does give you a chance to eat as many desserts as you'd like. There is a wide variety of items, mostly sweet, but a few are savory and there are lots of drinks to try.

How manageable are the crowds?

How manageable are the crowds?

Some of the stations will have longer lines than others. The savory station had a fairly lengthy line (~5 to 10 minutes) for most of the evening. The dessert stations lines were much shorter and moved much quicker. The lines were longest at the start of the party and then shortened as it progressed.

It's definitely not "worth" it if you want a full meal or more substantial food choices. It's primarily desserts and beverages with a limited selection of savory items - cheese, cold cuts, breads and fruit. The savories aren't going to be enough to make a whole entree course.

Mainly, it's a dessert and beverage buffet and a reserved viewing area of IllumiNations with your Mickey glasses. We had plenty to eat and had a great time so for us it was worth it.

As far as crowds, you can get a head start if you purchase the Sweet Seats because they were able to enter about 15 minutes in advance and able to go to the buffet first. Otherwise, it was always busy, especially at the savory buffet, but that was probably because there were far more dessert tables set up. If I go again, I would probably take more savories since that had the longest line. Food at all the tables was replenished continuously.

You do get to keep the 3D glasses.

I had concerns last year when we attended the event that it wasn't going to be long enough. However, it turned out that 1.5 hours was plenty of time to eat our fill of desserts. As PPs have said, the savory station line was longest but the dessert lines were short, especially later in the party.

I felt like the event was worth it. We enjoyed yummy desserts and wine and got a fabulous view of Illuminations without having to stake out a spot hours in advance.

It's only held on selected Friday nights during the F&W Festival. This year it is October 4, 11 and 25.

Epcot closes at 10 PM on Friday (and Saturday) nights during the festival. Illuminations is therefore presented at 10 PM and not 9 PM.

If you'll be there on one of the nights it is being presented (only during the Food & Wine Festival on some Fridays), then you can book by calling 407-WDW-FEST starting on August 13. If you want the Sweet Seats you should probably call right away, as those do sell out. You must pay in full at booking and F&W events are nonrefundable.

I have done this event the previous 2 years and will again be going this year on Oct 4th.

Don't miss the flambayed dobuts!

There is a live band playing music too. Try a few wines, cordials, liquors, and sweets. For $55 I find that its well worth a fun evening at Disney. Many stations available so the lines are not bad at all. I've stood in line longer at a regular F & W booth.

Couple questions....first where at around the lake is this? So if im wanting to try this next fall, would i be watching for when the epcot hours are released? So i would know what fridays are 10 pm, so i book my vacation on the right week. How far in advanced do they post park hours? Btw, we just did the wishes dessert party for the first time and loved it! Never heard of this one though, thanks in advance.

Couple questions....first where at around the lake is this? So if im wanting to try this next fall, would i be watching for when the epcot hours are released? So i would know what fridays are 10 pm, so i book my vacation on the right week. How far in advanced do they post park hours? Btw, we just did the wishes dessert party for the first time and loved it! Never heard of this one though, thanks in advance.

The F&W festival is usually held from the end of September through the beginning of November. This year it's from 9/24 until 11/12. On the weekends (Fri and Sat) during the F&W, Epcot is open until 10:00 pm. The schedule of hours is usually released a little more than 6 months in advance. So the September calendar should be released in mid-Feb to early March.

The first information about the special events (like the 3D Dessert Party) start to trickle out in early summer. Finally information and booking doesn't open until mid-summer (August).

The 3D Dessert Party is held in the Millennium building between Canada and UK. You can only see the entrance from WS. The desserts and live band are inside the building. The reserved IllumiNations viewing is located in the front of WS (across the lagoon from the America pavilion).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!