Share price very low! - Now under 4E!

Hello. My first post on here, but I have been looking at this forum since we booked to go to DLP a couple of months ago. The advice and tips I have picked up have been fantastic!

So my question is: Now that I have bought 20 shares and I have printed out the SHC membership form and have my contract note, am I better off finding somewhere with a fax and faxing it (but am worried that if there is a problem they may try to contact me that way) or posting it off? Is posting it off a slower way of doing it?

We are going on June 4th and want it all to be sorted for that.

I'd say fax is probably best.

Although they didn't process my fax and I had to phone again today and then re-fax.

So maybe fax today adn then call to check they got your fax ok?

They're lovely and helpful on the phone.

I'd say fax is probably best.

Although they didn't process my fax and I had to phone again today and then re-fax.

So maybe fax today adn then call to check they got your fax ok?

They're lovely and helpful on the phone.

Thanks for that. I shall head into town and try to find a fax! :)

Hi Jules1212,

Welcome to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board :wave2:.

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

hopefully your shareholders club application will go smoothly, and don't worry if you haven't got your permanent shareholders card before you go in June, you can call the shareholders club staff before you travel and ask them to email you a temporary members letter, which can be used in the same way as the card, until you get your permanent card :).

Hi just wondering how to buy Disney shares as we don't have Halifax in Ireland.

Any advice gratefully received.

I,m in Ireland too and have looked into this a lot over the last few weeks - AIB have a share service but with annual charges etc it's about € 110 before u buy anything, Davys etc all the stockbrokers charge a annual fee & brokerage fee if like me u just want to buy and become a shareholder I have applied to a Belgium bank to trade- no annual fee and approx €15 fee to buy the shares I posted everything off today so can update u as I find it - hopefully next week I will have a trading account ! Shares today closed at €4.17 so not to bad :cool1:

I just used that link Carrie cat - the cost is €14.99 per trade I jut applied & faxed over everything required- I will keep you all posted if its as easy as it looks!
Gwen

I got my password today! Annoyingly though, I can't do anything until Monday now.

It will then be just over 6 weeks until my trip, do you think that will be long enough to get everything sorted by?

I got my password today! Annoyingly though, I can't do anything until Monday now.

It will then be just over 6 weeks until my trip, do you think that will be long enough to get everything sorted by?

yes, you'll at least have your temporary shareholders club letter by then :).

Sorry for jumping in on this, so if I set up a Halifax Share Dealing Account, what do I do next?

Do you need to buy a set amount of shares before you get the perks? If so, how many?

Sorry, just I don't have a clue of the process for this. I already bank with Halifax and it says you can be setup within minutes. Will I be charged a fee for buying shares?

That's excellent thanks for the help Gwendolen and Carrie Cat. Does sound a bit daunting:confused but would like to hear how you get on Gwendolen as it something that I am very keen to do

Hi Scottish girl unfortunately am only learning the ropes myself so not a lot of help to you but my understanding is min 5 shares and you pay €30 admin fee to shareholders club every 2 years or 20 shares and no admin fee

Sorry, just I don't have a clue of the process for this. I already bank with Halifax and it says you can be setup within minutes. Will I be charged a fee for buying shares?

Halifax do charge a commission for buying the shares but every now and then they waive this.

Halifax do charge a commission for buying the shares but every now and then they waive this.

Thanks :) So am I right in saying, if Halifax charge me £11.95 and I buy 20 shares, current price €4.17, I'm looking at €83.40 + £11.95 in total? So just over £80 all in?

Thanks :) So am I right in saying, if Halifax charge me £11.95 and I buy 20 shares, current price €4.17, I'm looking at €83.40 + £11.95 in total? So just over £80 all in?

yep, that would be your total outlay :).

Unfortunately not - but you do get discount on drinks with table service/buffet meals so it's a very good excuse for an extra cocktail or two there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter